Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Need For Chiropractor Care

Written by Teri Patterson, July 21 2010

Before every post I like to offer my first hand experience or thoughts so that this isn't just a blog of scientific articles from medical professionals.  I do like my facts but I also like personal experience.

I have been to chiropractors on and off for 20 years, mainly for my neck, back & hip injuries/problems.  Lately my main problem is my neck & upper shoulder muscles.  On a recent x-Ray, my neck muscles are so "thick" that they are opaque on the x-rays...not easy to workout each day when you can't relax your neck.  So last week I was back to my favorite doc...Dr. Strain here in Rapid City. 

http://www.strainchiropractic.com/

I highly recommend anyone to see her for just about any ailment! She determines the source of your pain & works with you to find a course of action.  With her background in sports (and P90X survivor!) she specializes in athletic problems & accupuncture. 

When I injured my upper arm from P90X's YogaX, she knew right away what had happened.  I had Biceps Tendonitus..and had suffered for about 5 weeks before I saw her (my Minn. upbringing of "living with the pain").  She had to massage & then push the upper tendons back up and over the upper arm bone...I just remember her saying, "..you're not going to like what I have to do next."  But a few seconds later, I could lift my arm & the "hot" pain was gone.  I continued doing my P90X workouts, minus the Yoga...and it took me a full 5 months but she explained what was the cause & with modifications in my workouts, lots of ice, and Aleve I recovered.

Chiropractor care, if done properly is essential if you are serious about your fitness routine.  Along with massage, chiropractic care takes care of your internal health.

No comments: